Chargebee is a subscription billing and revenue management platform powering some of the fastest-growing brands around the world today, including Calendly, Hopin, Pret-a-Manger, Freshworks, Okta, Study.com, and others. Thousands of SaaS and subscription-first businesses process billions of dollars in revenue every year through the Chargebee platform.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, our 500+ team members work remotely throughout the world, including India, the Netherlands, Paris, Spain, Australia, and the USA.
Chargebee has raised over $230 million in capital and is funded by Accel, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, Steadview Capital, and Sapphire Ventures. And we’re on a mission to push the boundaries of subscription revenue operations. Not just ours, but every customer and prospective business on a recurring revenue model.
We are looking for a passionate infrastructure engineer to join the Cloud Engineering team
What is the Job like?
- Craft Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to support platform services, large-scale microservices, and secure networking.
- Build reliable infrastructure that supports Chargebee's developers and products.
- Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- Deploy and manage Containers orchestration, Service mesh, API gateways, CI/CD components & Observability stack.
- Collaborate with Developers and develop abstractions for a great developer experience.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Kernel, Networking, and OS fundamentals.
- Public and Private cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Distributed systems and micro-service-based architectures.
- Knowledge about CI/CD practices, Deployment patterns, and relevant toolsets.
- Practical experience with K8s, envoy, API gateway, Service Mesh
- Infrastructure as code & Configuration management with tools like Terraform, Chef, etc
- Observability practices and toolchains (Monitoring, Metrics, Logging, Alerts & Tracing)
- Programming with Python or Java.
- Cloud security / DevSecOps Practices.
- Most importantly, Learners for life and Effective engineers!
- Bonus: Chaos & resilience engineering concepts & experience.
Good to have
- You have extended Kubernetes and/or are familiar with Kubernetes operators.
- You have built distributed solutions for configuration, monitoring, and auto-mitigation of services.
- You have knowledge about service discovery, networking security, multi-tenancy, database access, concurrency control, or cache consistency.
- You are familiar with one or more open-source projects, such as Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Envoy.
- You have experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying