Job Description : Engineering Manager : Checkout and Hosted Pages
Chargebee is a subscription management platform, used by fast-growth businesses like FreshWorks, Okta, and Envoy to manage and automate their recurring billing and lifecycle operations.
Chargebee is looking for an inspirational Engineering leader for driving the Next Generation Checkout initiative to create a revolutionary checkout experience for its customers. Along with this you will also be owning the current checkout, portal and other Hosted Payment solutions.
In this role, you would be partnering with Product Management, Business Analysts and other cross functional teams in creating an experience that will make us the market leader in the enterprise subscription business.
Reporting to the Director of Checkout and Frontend Engineering, the key responsibilities include:
- As Engineering Manager of Checkout and Hosted Pages, you will build, inspire, and grow talented engineering teams that are responsible for designing and building end user checkout experience for Chargebee’s Subscription Management Platform.
- You will be responsible for managing the checkout experience and other hosted payment solutions that Chargebee offers.
- You will be responsible for managing product milestones, deployment cycles & delivery of the overall Hosted Pages.
- You will work with product management and engineering teams to influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- You will be expected to bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of technology and customer focus for the entire engineering organization.
- Directly responsible for the career advancement of the Frontend and Full stack Developers at various stages of career growth.
- 8-12+ years of proven experience leading large teams including managers in remote and distributed product engineering setup.
- 2-5+ years of demonstrated and successful experience managing Frontend focused full stack teams in hyperscale in B2C, B2B or both.
- Accomplished practitioner of Agile and DevOps practices with experience guiding teams through planning, development, rollout and migration.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into requirements documents and user stories for Checkout team
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, accountability, and customer focus
- Track record of building and scaling a SaaS product.
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with different cross-functional teams of varying levels.
- Ability to learn new tools and paradigms in engineering, especially in the frontend technologies, intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn.
- Solid experience in managing B2C and B2B enterprise grade Frontend systems that can work across the various browsers.
- Experience with building global scale cloud-native systems and modern tech stack: AWS, Java, Spring Framework, RESTful API, and container-based application.
- Deep understanding of the modern frontend ecosystem and industry best practices
- Experience creating/supporting production software/systems and a proven track record of
- identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks for production systems.Ability to identify problems with requirements, identify alternatives, and help your team navigate through these issues.
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying