Chargebee is a subscription billing and revenue management platform powering some of the fastest-growing brands around the world today, including Calendly, Hopin, Pret-a-Manger, Freshworks, Okta, Study.com, and others. Thousands of SaaS and subscription-first businesses process over billions of dollars in revenue every year through the Chargebee platform.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, our 1000+ employees working remotely across the world, including India, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Australia, and the USA.
Chargebee is looking for an exceptional and self-directed Principal Software Engineer who loves challenging product development, learning quickly in a fast-paced environment, and designing high-quality and scalable solutions. You will work on Chargebee's innovative retention product, which helps customers address subscriber churn. You will work closely with a world-class engineering and product team to deliver game-changing product capabilities and drive continuous product improvements.
What you will be doing:
- Implement new products and product infrastructure.
- Deliver well-tested code, with appropriate instrumentation and alerting.
- Own areas of the product and infrastructure and maintain in production.
- Address customer requests.
- Participate in design/architecture reviews and code reviews, releases, monitoring/on-call.
- Operate with a high level of autonomy and ownership, work with stakeholders to define project requirements, and execute and own post-release.
- Scale products and infrastructure.
- Improve developer productivity as the product and infrastructure change quickly.
Years of Experience: 7 to 11 Years
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of relevant experience and BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field.
- Expertise in Java.
- Strong CS fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, algorithms.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Exceptional debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the integration of third-party platforms, and working on billing, payments, and related fields is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate clear, concise communication and data-driven decision-making.
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews.
- Comfortable working remotely, self-sufficient.
Good to have:
Experience with AWS Solutions, SQL Expertise, Postgres, Terraform, Some React knowledge and full stack development experience.
What makes us who we are:
- We are Globally Local: With a diverse team across four continents, and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
- We value Curiosity: We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it’s that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, figure out answers to them, and foster a continuous learning environment.
- Customer! Customer! Customer!: Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers’ growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It’s a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.
If you resonate with Chargebee, have a monstrous appetite for curiosity, and an insatiable urge to learn and build new things, we’re waiting for you!
We value people from all backgrounds and are dedicated to hiring and employing a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Come be a part of the Chargebee tribe!
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying