About the role:
We are in the hunt for a Senior Software Engineer (Security Engineering) to help drive product security engineering within Chargebee.You get the onus to work with engineers to continuously ship secure software. You will be a subject matter expert in application security, conduct security assessment, create guidelines and checklists for developers to write secure code. You will also help conduct threat modelling sessions along with developers and generally contribute to shifting security left and establish DevSecOps practice.
Are you the person who is a/ an? (Job Description)
Our engineering team is the vanguard of our vision for an effortless subscription experience and makes our product vision a reality.
We hope you’ve got
- Solid understanding and 4+ years of experience with application security practices in terms of development and assessment (verification)
- Experience applying various OWASP Projects such as Top 10, ASVS, Proactive Controls, SCP etc. to improve application security posture
- A hands-on attitude and familiarity with tools such as Burp Suite, OWASP ZAP, sqlmap etc.
- A belief that code must be secure and trusted before releasing to production
- Good knowledge of any Java backend programming and Java based web framework (e.g. Springboot) will be a strong addition but not mandatory
- Experience with web services especially REST design patterns
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization - product design etc - and take complete ownership for releasing new features
On a typical day, you might
- Perform security architecture/code review and help conduct application security assessments to ensure trust on delivered software
- Build or integrate security tools as a service (API)
- Research on security vulnerabilities, tools and defence in depth techniques
- Conceptualize the future of billing and solve associated security risks to maintain customer trust
- Interact and collaborate with multiple teams and various stakeholders to help them deliver secure software
- Ideate with your peers. Being supportive of their work and providing constructive feedback on their solution
- Adopt new technologies, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of security engineering
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying